Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use a customfield to set priority?

Kenneth Brain December 18, 2014

I have tried using the script found on this page written for a JIRA 4.4 question:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Setting+Priority+field+value+based+on+customfield+value

I am in the lastest version of JIRA and I am using the field "severity" in a custom portal via Service Desk add-on.  Does that change the customfield ID structure?  What can I do to achive the priority being set from the value of a customfield.  

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2014

If you mouse over the edit link for the Severity field in your Customfield admin UI, you should see the ID in the URL of the link.

Kenneth Brain December 19, 2014

Yes I have found the id and inserted it into the script.  I then copied the script into the description field of the severity customfield.  Unfortunately regardless of which radio button is selected for severity, priority always comes back the same.  So the script doesn't seem to be altering the priority.

If I understand what the script is doing, it assumes the radio button id is a variant of the customfield id as follows

customfield_10404_1, customfield_10404_2 and customfield_10404_3.  Has this script been tested or used in the latest version of Jira?  Has it been used from a customer portal generated by the Service Desk?

Thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated.

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2014

Well I don't think that has been tested since 4.4 to be honest. This is not a supported behavior, but a hack we shared with the community. And I think you are right, that it wont work. I think your best bet is to put the script into the Field Help portion of the Customer Portal you are modifying. And from there, tweak the script for the UI elements seen within the Portal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events