Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upload videos from my computer to show in-line on Jira Service desk customer portal

Paige Tonra September 4, 2019

Is there a way to just upload videos directly from my mac, to an article within confluence and have them appear on jira service desk customer portal? I am able to  see and play them fine from Confleunce, but when I am in the customer portal, the video shows as a link and when I click on it, it downloads a file. I would like the video to play in line in jira service desk like it does in confluence.

Thank you.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2019

Hi Paige,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Currently, we can display videos in the portal using the Multimedia macro on Confluence. This macro is available only for the old editor and it will be deprecated soon.
- Multimedia Macro
So, if the pages of the space linked to Service Desk is still on the old editor, you can use the multimedia macro.
If the pages are on the new editor, then we will have to wait for this macro to be implemented:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65835
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

2 votes
Leos Literak October 11, 2019

I need it as well. I have uploaded videos in Confluence, I can see the embedded video in Confluence but there is just a link in Service desk! Widget connector will not help as it works on public links (youtube etc). This is really annoying.

0 votes
Christian Schaal June 14, 2022

According to this ticket JSDCLOUD-5919, Atlassian is currently working on a solution.

0 votes
Matt Hackett April 26, 2021

If you publish your videos to any service that provides a link to share them (vimeo, youtube, loom etc. etc.), you can add an iframe to your document in confluence (use the insert> view more...> add iframe macro) and insert the iframe url from the embed code that service will provide for you. You can then add in other parameters (width / height etc.) and the video will display inline in the customer portal, without the need to use any widget connector macros etc.

0 votes
Rüdiger Lincke September 21, 2020

I would really like to have this feature as well.

Until then one could upload the video in YouTube and use the Widget Connector Macro (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-multimedia-macro/).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events