Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I start a new email / ticket with a customer?

Drew Angell May 2, 2020

We've been using Service Desk awhile now, and all of our emails are working through when people create tickets.

What I'm trying to do is create a new ticket myself that would be the start of a conversation with a customer.

Is there any way to do this?

For example, I just want to follow up with a previous client about some work we did with them.  

I don't want to reply to a previous we ticket we had open, because then that re-opens the ticket and messes with my SLA stuff.

I just want to create a brand new ticket where I am the one starting the communication, but then I can track it in here just like any other ticket.

If it makes any difference I do have Atlas CRM, and I don't see any way to do it through that either..??

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2020

Hi @Drew Angell 

When you create a ticket on behalf of the customer, and your notification scheme is set to Notify ticket creation, your customer will receive an email about this new issue created, and following notifications related to comments etc. 

The only way customer will not receive it, is if they have turned off notifications, and you can check via Notification Helper.

https://yourinstance.altassian.net/secure/admin/NotificationHelperAdmin.jspa

Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2020

@Patricia Francezi  how to create a ticket on behalf of the customer?

When I had created it, at the ticket is my name and e-mail. Could you help, please? 

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2020

If you are creating the ticket via Agent view, you should select the customer in the "Reporter" field in the Create Screen. 

If you dont have customers in your service desk, more configurations need to be checked and how you want to work with your customer portal, and request by email ie.

This doc is a good start

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-managing-customers-in-jira-service-desk

The topics related in the right will also help you.

Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2020

Thank you very much for the help!

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2020

waiting your feedback if it works :) 

Im here for any other question related, ok?

Drew Angell May 6, 2020

I've been trying to test this with myself.  I create a ticket through my user portal, and I fill in my personal email address as the reporter.  The ticket gets created and shows up in Service desk just fine, but I don't ever see any email in my personal inbox.

Then if I reply through service desk I do see the email.  So I'm a bit confused here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events