Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I send a mass email to all customers in a Jira Service Desk?

Elizabeth Schaap July 12, 2018

I would like to be able to send a mass email to all customers associated with a Jira Service Desk project in cases like an outage or maintenance notice. Will I need to get an add-on application for this? When searching for results, there were suggestions to post an "announcement" in the service desk portal. Does this send out the email to all customers?

4 answers

0 votes
Dima Lazarchuk
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 19, 2022

Hello All,

I know that this thread is quite old, however, we just released the app that may be useful here Proactive Campaigns.

It allows sending bulk emails from Jira Service Management.

Frank Collazo April 1, 2024

@AlL

Why does Jira have to be piece mailed toether, why can't it just be able to provide all of this without having to add another app? I work for DoD and all these apps aren't allowed on the networks due to security issue.  

0 votes
Hayden September 23, 2019

Sending a mass email from the cloud instance appears to working.

However, how can I view all mass emails that have been sent and to which Projects and Project Roles?

Conny Lindberg September 27, 2019

We are trying to do the same thing as Elizabeth, i.e. sending an email to our Service Desk customers. We are also running JSD Cloud and even though I can create an email body on the System -> Send email page, I'm not able to send this email to my "Service Desk Customer" project roles. I keep getting the error message: "The chosen project/role combination(s) have no members." If I instead choose the Administrators project roles, the email is sent and I get it in my inbox (I'm the admin for our domain).

Any ideas why it does not work for the "Service Desk Customer" project role?

Like # people like this
Chris Phillips September 30, 2019

We are also trying to do the same thing and receive the same error message that Conny Lindberg is reporting. I attempt to send an email to Service Desk Customers and I receive the message  "The chosen project/role combination(s) have no members." It seems so basic to be able to do this it is hard to believe it isn't working.

If anyone knows how to make this work, please let us know.

Like Raivo Pleer likes this
MEDITECH ADMIN TEAM August 24, 2020

It appears that if a customer is listed within an organization, it doesn't populate the Service Desk Customer Role and therefore cannot be used in the Send email function.  If the customer is entered individually as a customer, it will populate that role and allow the mass email to be sent.  This is what I have found on Server.

0 votes
Olli Suokas November 21, 2018

Hi Elizabeth, what you could do is use the "Send email" feature in JIRA which you can find from the Administration page in JIRA.

You can choose to send email to project roles per project or JIRA Internal Directory groups.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-send-email-to-all-jira-users-776811096.html

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2018

@Olli Suokas, unless something has changed you cannot use this for “Customers” in JSD. It is only for Jira (application) users. Please correct me if I am mistaken. I will take a fresh look today as well.

Olli Suokas November 22, 2018

Hey @Jack Brickey, you can choose your Service Desk project and then pick "Service Desk Customers" project role to mass email all your SD project customers.

Here's a screenshot; https://imgur.com/vQ69Pyq

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2018

@Olli Suokas, This is not an option in my Cloud instance. I’m wondering if you are on Server? If so that is interesting to know but wouldn’t help Elizabeth as she is on cloud.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2018

This is not currently possible. I did a quick check to see if there was a request open w/ Atlassian to support such a feature but surprisingly did not find one. You may wish to open a suggestion but unsure if/when this would get attention.

Dirk Schaare September 27, 2018

There is a suggestion open since May 2017

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5102

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events