How can I see the confluence article in a pop up on service desk?

Leonardo Zeferino January 6, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Guide to link Knowledge Base to JIRA Service Desk for unlicensed user

How can I see the confluence article in a pop up on service desk? Where do I set this?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

The documentation you refer to describes how you set up application access and linking for unknown users. If you want known users to use it, application linking between JIRA and Confluence get you to the same point.

To make your knowledge base accessible for the Service Desk, go to the project settings of your Service Desk project and select knowledge base from the options on the left. There you indicate:

• what Confluence instance and Space you want to link to as your knowledge base
  • set who can access and author the knowledge base
  • and for each Service Desk Request Type indicate whether the knowledge base should be searchable or not.

The last step ensures that your users get the popup automatically appears when they are typing in the search and create boxes of the request types on the customer portal.

To further refine this, you could even add labels to the kb articles in Confluence and restrict the articles being searched by adding those restricting labels to your request forms:

2017-01-06_192739.png

1 vote
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2023

@Andrew van Scoter my apologies, but I can't see your attachment.  When I'm a user in the portal in the cloudl, the KB article shows up in the portal.

Are you using Server or Cloud, that KB article refers to server.

0 votes
Leonardo Zeferino January 6, 2017

Thanks, @Walter Buggenhout [ACA IT]!

Actually, I already did what you said. When the user search and find a confluence article and click to read, the article is opening IN the page.

image2017-1-6 16:42:42.png

I'd like to open in a POP UP like this:

Andrew van Scoter October 20, 2017

@Leonardo ZeferinoDid you ever figure out to route the confluence page to a pop up?

Leonardo Zeferino October 24, 2017

Nope

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events