Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove Customers from a Service Management Project

a.nitu May 10, 2021

Hi,

I'd need to remove customers form a specific project while keeping them on other projects.

I've had a look to the topics on the Community but didn't find the answer to my need. 

I've tried removing them form People, but not all customers shows up in there. I've removed the Organization from the project, no effect.

The only solution would be to remove them form Jira Admin / Jira Management Service, but that will completely remove them form all projects, which I'd prefer to avoid.

So, is there a way to remove them? Be it even a solution through an external script to run on the DB, but I'd very much appreciate to have something.

thanks,

alexandre

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

@a.nitu -

Hi Alexandre:

Another option you have with your existing ask is to customize your specific JSM project's permission scheme (Project settings > permissions) by removing "Service project customer - portal access" from the permission scheme.  This essentially remove all portal access from your customers.  The project itself will also be hidden from the portal.

2021-05-10_8-39-09.png

What @Ash Pitt suggested is my first option too.  However, it requires you manually to delete the customers.  Regarding to the "Customers" tab issue, it is a known Atlassian issue which has not been resolved.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

a.nitu May 10, 2021

Thanks Joseph,

very much appreciated your answer.

I'll have a look into the permissions, however, I would like to block access only to part of customers not to all of them, saying that I do not want to completely close the portal access to that project.

In order for you to get a clearer picture of my need I will add that my project allowed anyone on the web to raise a ticket to, meaning that a lot of e-mail addresses have been recorded on that project.

Now, I need to clean that up so, I would like to remove many records in the "Customers" tab, but not all of them.

The strange part is that in the "Customers" tab I have some 3k records (e-mail addresses) while in People tabs just 200. 

My question was also related to this: do these records in the "Customers" tab have access to the project or not, as they are not present in the People tab?

thanks,

alexandre

a.nitu May 10, 2021

Hi gents,

I have noticed that I have now the same records in "Customers" and "People" tabs, it may have taken a while to refresh the "Customers" tab but now looks nice.

Thanks for your answers,

much appreciated

regards,

Alexandre

Like Ash Pitt likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hey @a.nitu 

If your project is set up where only agents can add customers - you should be able to do this via

Project Settings > People and remove the customer that way.

2021-05-10 22_42_26-People - Jira.png

Hope that helps!

Ash

a.nitu May 10, 2021

Hi Ash,

thank you for your fast reply.

I have done that, only that inside the "Customers" tab I can see much more customers having been registered on the project. Do they have access to the project or only those being inside the "People?

Speaking of the "Customers" tab, is there any way to go beyond the 5 pages? I can only go to 250 records.

thanks

alexandre

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events