Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make a request that requires approval, visible in the customer queue for approval?

Jorne Tanghe October 5, 2020

Hi! 

We are designing a workflow where a customer has to approve a request from another customer, before it can be processed (It's a request for application access that needs to be approved by an application owner). We use the default 'Service Request with Approval' workflow. 

However, the request does not appear in the customer queue of the application owner, although he/she has been added as approver for the ticket. Since the ticket is not visible in the customer queue, the application owner cannot give approval. 

How can I make requests that require approval, visible in the customer queue of the approving customer? 

1 answer

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

@Jorne Tanghe Are you trying to say that if there is approval required then a notification or in that user portal approval pending should be displayed?

Hi Fahad, 

Yes, we would like the ticket to be displayed in the user portal of the customer that is supposed to approve the ticket. 

(The approving customer is not an agent, so hasn't got access to any agent queues). 

Kind regards,

Jorne

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

@Jorne Tanghe 

You can find the steps on the documentation Configuring Jira Service Desk approvals

Please let me know if you still need anything.

Hi Fahad,

Sorry, but the answer I was looking for is not on the page :) 

We know how to make an approval flow. The problem is that the tickets are not visible in the customer portal view for the approvers. As such, they can't actually approve or decline. 

We have done some more investigation. Could it be related to the fact that the issues are created by an automation rule? (We have a theory that because automatically created ticket do not have a request type, they cannot be selected in the customer portal and as such aren't visible. Is that correct? How can we work around this?). 

Thank you so much!

Kr,

Jorne

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2020

@Jorne Tanghe 

If you have automated rule line "Auto Approve -- Management Line Manager"

Then

System auto approves "Waiting for LM Manager" for XYZ group

You need to remove such rules.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS