Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the total average of a series of SLA's.

Administrador de Jira GA April 14, 2021

Good morning everyone

I have the following question: How can I get the total average of a series of SLA's, I have a total of 16 SLA's and I want to know the average of all of them.

I hope you can help me.

2 answers

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 15, 2021

Hello @Administrador de Jira GA ,

SLA timers essentially measure the time between two points in issue history and those two points are usually when the issue transitions to a status. So it is (once again usually) possible to see it as the total time spent on one or more statuses. The solution I am proposing below does not directly match to SLAs but can help you with your reporting needs.

Our team at OBSS built Time in Status for similar needs. It is available for Jira Server, Cloud and Data Center.

Time in Status mainly allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status or assigned to each assignee. You can combine statuses in any way into consolidated columns to see metrics like Resolution Time or Ticket Age. You can calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example see the monthly average Resolution Time per user, or weekly average Response Time per component, etc.). 

Time in Status can display its reports and charts in its own reporting page, in dashboard gadgets and in a tab on issue view screens.

tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_with Estimates.png      Cloud_StatusDuration_UserAverage.png

Gadget_AverageStatusDurationByComponent.png

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well.

Using Time in Status you can:

• See how much time each issue spent on each status, assignee, user group and also see dates of status transitions. Sort and Filter according to report values.
  • Calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example see average InProgress time per project and per issuetype.)
  • Export your data as XLS, XLSX or CSV.
  • Access data via REST API. (for integrations)
  • Visualize data with various chart types.
  • See Time in Status reports on Jira Dashboard gadgets.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1211756

EmreT

Administrador de Jira GA April 15, 2021

Thanks for your answer,

I am going to review the application you mention, I hope it can be useful to me.

Greetings.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Hi @Administrador de Jira GA,

I have the bad / good habit to try and understand why people want to do certain things and what problem they are trying to solve. In this case, I am struggling a bit with that :-).

If you have 16 SLA's, is that because you have a really large workflow that you split into several smaller pieces (e.g. time to response, time in 2nd line, time waiting for vendor, time waiting for customer, time in 3rd line, time in testing, time to release, ...) and would like to calculate an overall average lead time or time to resolution over all those stages?

Or do you have different SLA's for different issue types / request types and / or priorities and you want to set up an average over everything?

Technically, the easiest solution would probably be to set up a 17th SLA that covers all your tickets and runs across the entire process of all those tickets. The standard average SLA report can produce the numbers, in that case. 

Administrador de Jira GA April 15, 2021

Thanks for your answer.
In cash, I have different SLAs for each category of incident, since it is not the same time of attention from a damaged keyboard incident to a damaged incident in a database.

And sorry, I don't think a general SLA works for me, since my response time for the longest SLA is 270 hours, or maybe I don't understand how it would be.

Greetings.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events