Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get data from "Time tracking"?

Sergei November 1, 2020

How can I get data from "Time tracking"
How much time did the user spend on the issue

without add-on

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2020

I can use REST API, get issue and within received JSON process "worklog" section.

Sergei November 1, 2020

Can this be done for each user and all tasks?

Fahad Siddiqui
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2020

@Sergei @Yevgen Lasman 

Time Tracking can be easily checked through Transition for more details please go through the below link..

Tracking the time taken for each workflow transitionTime.jpg

Sergei November 1, 2020

I need to unload this data for use elsewhere

Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2020

@Sergei with REST API it is easy yet may be laborious. In general you need to get all users, run a JQL for each (eg. worklogAuthor = USERNAME ) which will return all issues with work logs of a given user; from which you can collect all necessary data.

Like Sergei likes this
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2020

@Fahad Siddiqui "Transitions" is different tab, it shows how much time an issue "spent" in specific status. But the one @Sergei need is the "Work Log".

Like Sergei likes this
0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 3, 2020

Hi @Sergei 

You can try an app like Clockwork for time tracking. But it needs each user to turn on/off timer or write in time spent on the issue manually.

If you need to know the time each issue was assigned to each user and how long it was in each state automatically, you can try an app like Time in status for Jira cloud.

Hope it will help you

Sergei November 4, 2020

thanks, I'll try

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders