Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get an task created through automation to email the customer?

Margaret Winward October 15, 2020

I have 2 projects. Project A has an automation that triggers a task to be created in Project B. Part of the automation task creation includes the fields (Assignee, Description, Linked Issues, and Reporter). Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 3.34.06 PM.png

The task is created in Project B. The 4 fields are populated with the original information from Project A.

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 3.36.12 PM.png

I can reply to the customer in Project A (originating issue) and it will email the customer. When I reply to the customer in Project B (issue created from automation), the customer does not receive the email.

How can I get the Project B request to send the email to the customer?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2020

Hello Margaret,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and for sharing the screenshots and details of your issue.

When using Jira Service Desk, what triggers the notification for customers is the Request type. When this field is empty, the reporter, participants, and organizations won't receive notifications and they also won't be able to view the ticket in the customer portal. 

On the screenshot of the ticket in project B, I can see that the Request type is set as None, that's why they are not receiving notifications.

The project automation, currently, doesn't have the option to set a Request type because there is no API for that, but we can still use the other Automation in Service Desk.

So, keep your automation the way it is and then go to Project Settings > Automation. 

Then create a custom automation using the options below:

When this happens… > Issue created

Add branch > If these match… > Issue matches > Switch to JQL > "Request Type" is EMPTY AND issuetype = Task

Then do this… > Edit request type > Select the desired Request type > Save.

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 14.35.34.png

Once the request type is added to the ticket, customers will receive notifications.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Margaret Winward October 20, 2020

The empty Request Type was the problem. Thank you for your help!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events