Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable the option for sharing a request with the Organization

IT - Avantis Team May 4, 2020

Whare a customer opens a new service request the option for share with the customer's organization is the default.

Does anyone know how to remove the share option completely? or at the most, set it to "No one" as the default?

I am using the next-gen version.

2020-05-04_12h08_56.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

Hi @IT - Avantis Team 

Welcome to the community

Please have a look in this doc https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/change-project-customer-permissions/

I hope this helps you. 

IT - Avantis Team May 4, 2020

Hi Patrica,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately there is no option to disable this setting

2020-05-04_16h16_38.png

I find this setting in - Project settings -> Channels -> Customer permissions

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

Im sorry for that. 

There is no option to disable, indeed.

There is a suggestion for that https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5307

If you are in a Classic Project, a way to solve this would be by permissions scheme / issue security scheme. 

Like Karla Rivera likes this
IT - Avantis Team May 6, 2020

Hey Patricia,

I ended up removing all the Organization that I created and, now all users don't have the ability to share there request with any other from the office which works fine by me,

Like lisa_jackson likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2020

Yes, this is only solution available for "disable" this field, but there are implications on not using Organizations in the future. 

i.e. you could set up slas based on organizations, etc. 

or reports based on your customers and so on.... :( 

Service Desk Next Gen projects are new, so we can not expect all features from classic too soon... 

Like lisa_jackson likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events