Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable 'request on behalf of'?

salvarez March 17, 2021

Hi Support,

How can I disable this feature 

'Jira Service Management: Raise issues on behalf of customers'

We currently don't need this feature but I am unable to edit or disable this from my end with 'site admin' role.

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Gallien
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2022

If you use Scriptrunner Behaviours (on DC at least) you can hide the field using a Request Type mapping with the following code in the initializer:

def reporterField = getFieldByName('Reporter')
reporterField.setHidden(true)
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Correct you cannot remove that. One thing to mention is that it does not exist when using the ITSM templated project. Question why do you wish to remove?

salvarez March 17, 2021

Because it is allowing our clients to see everyone else's email address. Also, we do not need this feature. our clients are creating the tickets for themselves.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

Hi @salvarez ,

Normally clients (as in customers) don't see that. Only an Agent would be able to raise something on behalf of another user.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/raise-a-request-on-behalf-of-a-customer/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events