Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I decommission an issue type?

Devtech83 February 14, 2023

I have an issue type I'd like to decommission (ie prevent service desk agents from creating new tickets but retain the ability for them to view, edit, progress etc)

How do I go about this please?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2023

Hi @Devtech83 

No, this is currently not possible. You should vote for and follow this feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-16683

1 vote
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2023

Hi @Devtech83 

You are able to hide the request types from the portal so that no new ones can be created, without deleting the request type or issue type. To do this, if you remove the request type from all groups it's associated to, this will then become hidden and the only way to create one would be through the API.

Once all of the existing ones have been closed out, you could then either archive them or move them to a separate issue type, and then decommission the original issue type/request type

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events