Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create an auto reply when a ticket is created in Jira from customer?

Kevin Jicha July 12, 2021

I am new to Jira and I have been tasked to setup an auto respond via email to let the customer know that we received their ticket and will get back to them once we have more information.  How can I go about setting this up?

Thank you.

1 answer

3 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Kevin Jicha,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

If you are using a Jira Service Management project you will by default also get a number of customer notifications already enabled, including the auto response you are looking for. You can find out more about these notifications here, Set up notifications for your customers and team

Alicia Morgan August 16, 2023

@Mikael Sandberg  Does this only work with SM projects? We have a software instance an would like to configure the same thing when a new issue is created.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2023

@Alicia Morgan Yes, this is only available in JSM. JSW projects are using the notification scheme, so anyone that submitting an issue to a JSW project has to have an account on your instance in order to get notified.

Alicia Morgan August 17, 2023

Oh darn! Thank you for the response. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events