Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a workflow with routing to different groups

Li, Suhan December 22, 2020

The ticket needs to go to different groups, e.g., a new employee's contact information needs to go to HR first, then go to computer access, then go to staff service. How can I create such a workflow?

2 answers

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2020

Hi @Li, Suhan ,

1) The concept of group assignment doesn't exist in JIRA. You can create your own work around by adding a group picker custom field.

2) creating such a flow isn't that simple as also JiRA doesn't have the concept of a Request Type workflow. You can either assign it manually to the groups but then it's not really automatic. Or you can use subtasks to do this.

At creation you can then create x amount of subtasks, once for each group and they would need to know when subtask 1 is complete, they can do subtask 2, this way you create some sort of todo list.

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2020

Hi @Li, Suhan ,

the comment that is done by @Dirk Ronsmans is correct.

One solution is define the group as custom field (I have also like this) this is useful for SLA also.

Best regards.

0 votes
Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

Hllo @Li, Suhan ,

My first question is what means "Different groups"? If different groups are in the workflow different status can be done using some automation. 

Best regards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events