Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the name of the sender in customer notifications emails?

Sofia Grunspan July 20, 2020

When a customer receive an e mail notification the name of the assignee appears instead the name of the companny for example. 

como se ve assignee en mail.PNGThere is any way I can change this without any addon? I want to the name of the companny or the deppartment appears instead the name of the agent or assignee. 

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2020

Hi Sofia,

Unfortunately the outgoing email sender's name isn't configurable in Jira Service Desk Server currently. We do have an open suggestion to make it configurable, which you can view and track here: JSDSERVER-702 

A couple notable workaround ideas (from the feature request):

• This comment details using postfix to intercept the emails and rewrite the headers before relaying them on to your outgoing mail server
  • Use the Automation for Jira (built-in on Cloud now but it's an app you need to install from the Marketplace on Server) to send email notifications. There's options in the email configuration of Automation rules to change both the "From" and "From Name" fields.

Cheers,
Daniel

Sofia Grunspan July 22, 2020

Thanks! I Will suggets Automation 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events