• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I change a field name in Create Issue? Edited

Ok. I'm changing my question. My new one is this - We are using a portal and when I go there it asks questions like "What is the nature of your problem"? which is clearly not a Jira field. But in going into Request Types, I see that someone has renamed Description field to say that. All well and good.

However, it's entirely likely that someone may go directly into JSM, avoid the portal and go to to Create Issue. I want the fields to read the same. But unlike Request Types, I don't see any facility to do that. 'Description' remains 'Description' which could be confusing. So is there way for me to change the Description field so that when it comes up in Create Issue it would say 'What is the nature of your problem?" and keep it contained only to that screen? Because it's entirely possible we might rename 'Description' based on request, help desk type, etc. Request type view.jpgPortal view.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Jim,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When using Service Management it's possible to add a different display name for fields in the customer portal only, so it's easier for the customer to add all the necessary details for the issue, but this setting can't be applied to the agent view. 

The fields such as Summary and Description are system fields, so it's not possible to change their names, and if it was an option, it would be changed for the entire site. 

There was a feature request suggesting this option and it was closed a few years ago as "Won't fix", so I created a new one:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

That's what I figured. Good to know. Thanks. 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

227 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you