Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add content in description field for a specific type of ticket

Manisha Minde September 28, 2020

So, if I am creating a bug in JIRA it should directly populate my bug template which has say "Browser details:
URL:
Screenshots: ..... and other things as normal text"

Can I make this happen just when I say "Create" and select ticket type="bug"?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

You could do that via Automation...

trigger - issue created

condition - Issuetype = bug 

action - add your text to the Description field or other field as desired

this is possible for xray bugs? I am not automation expert so asked

@Jack so for everytime any of my QA member clicks on "Create" and selects bug it shows them the template I added in description field?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

Sorry, I did not understand your original post. You can’t create a template within the description field. That is a must-line text field. You can create fields in your Bug template such that it directs the creator as desired of course.

is there no way I can add it in description? I wish this could have been an option and many other QA people would be happy if this happens - Please take this as suggestion and Atlassian we are looking forward for this to happen :)

Thanks for help Jack

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

I don't work for Atlassian. I'm just a user like yourself. You might wish to click the feedback link and let them know.

Like Manisha Minde likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events