Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How automatically assign ticket to a specific component lead (not project lead)?

Arnis Riškovs August 19, 2020

One of the JIRA service desk (cloud) project has several components. Each component has its own component lead. It is possible to determine which ticket ticket relates to the particular component. How automatically assign ticket to a specific component lead?

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2020

Hi @Arnis Riškovs 

Components Lead is based off which component is assigned at creation.

If these aren't set at creation, you could automate assignment using Automation for Jira - but you'd still need a unique identifier within the field data to understand which issue is assigned to which user.

Ste

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2020

You would need to add Components to the form used when creating the issue. Once that is done you can then leverage the Components lead assignment.

David Newcom August 19, 2020

I have a similar issue. I have all the components and component leads specified in the project setup. I have also selected the option to assign tickets to the component lead as the default. However, when a new ticket is created the component lead is not being auto-assigned. JIRA is assigning new tickets to the project lead. Is there a step I'm missing?

David Newcom August 19, 2020

Well, now it's working. Perhaps the back-end needed time to commit the changes? 

Jessica Davis February 24, 2023

I'm having the same issue.  Component is set to assign to the component lead, yet all new tickets are assigning to the project lead.  I've waited several minutes and it has not changed behavior.  Any other settings that I need to look at.

This is a new problem.  The component lead assignments were working fine up until today.

Karri Adkins April 13, 2023

Having same issue, jiras not assigning based on component lead.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2023

Go to project settings > details and check if the default is set to unassigned.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events