Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How a Service Desk Agent can work on multiple projects?

Amira Nadeem July 10, 2017

I want to understand the workflow for how a Service Desk agent can work on multiple Projects on Service Desk and manage requests?

How a Service Desk agent gets notified of New Issues on JIRA?

Please respond as soon as you can.

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

A service desk agent gets notified of new requests by creating a notification scheme in your service desk that notifies "service desk agents" when an issue is created.  

For managing multiple projects, currently the Service Desk queues are by project only, so a shared agent would have to keep an eye on all the projects.

But there is no limit on how many projects a single agent can be assigned to.

Hope that helps

The agent will be notified via email when an issue is created or updated etc.?

How do we manage multiple projects within Service Desk?

I am confused about the workflow. Can you please let me know in detail or share some documentations?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you!

When an agent signs in to the Service Desk account, is there a way the agent gets notified about the updates as in the new issues created and the changes made in the existing issues?

How does the system work? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

Amira,

yes the agent can get notified via email if that is your desire. As Susan mentioned you simply need to configure the notifications scheme.

Multiple projects simply means that the agent will need to look at the boards/views for the different projects. The projects are distinguished by the project key, e.g. IT Support may be be ITS, Customer Support may be  CS. The issues for each will be sequential and prefixed by the key, e.g. ITS-1, ITS-2..., CS-1, CS-2. You define the key when you setup the project.

I suggest two things to get you started:

1) Setup a cloud trial

2) Use this document - https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-jira-service-desk/get-started-with-jira-service-desk-917968272.html

Once you do this you will understand much more about how the applicaiton works.

Deleted user July 10, 2017

Hi,

agent can be added into multiple projects through Users and Roles in Project Administration. Then they can work as agents for multiple projects. 

Notifications are also project specific and can be configured in project administration. You can configure Notifications to be sent to all service desk agents when a new issue is created - to their email. 

I hope this helps,

Jiri

Thank you for your response and help.

We are actually using a cloud instance of JIRA Service Desk and I need help regarding how we can implement the Service Desk on our system so that it helps us get the best to our clients.

If you can help me on that, I'll be more than glad.

I will look into it and get back to you.

Deleted user July 11, 2017

Sure Amira, no problem. We have lot of experience with JIRA and JIRA Service Desk on Cloud. What you have mentioned above is easily configurable in project administration.

Amira Nadeem July 11, 2017

Thank you for your help.

I really appreciate it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events