Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can hide specific issue type in "Create' Button?

Prerna Prerna June 8, 2018

We have a JIRA Service Desk  project in which we want agent to create service request issue via the Service Desk portal.

However they can create change and incident via big Create button. Is there a via I can hide "service request" issue type in drop down so agent need to use customer portal in oder to create any request type associated with issue type "service request".  Or can I add a script Validator on workflow create transition "only allow Channel:portal and email" restrict creation of issue via Channel :JIRA.

2 answers

1 vote
Taylor Daniel December 2, 2020

I think I was able to achieve what you are looking for by adding a field validator to the create transition of the workflow for the issue type in question.  Specifically looking for the 'Customer Request Type' field as this field is only filled in by using the portal and not the Create Button at the top of the page in Jira.

I specifically used Fields Required Validator (JMWE app)

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2018

Not sure it is what you are looking for but have a look at the following thread. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/validating-issue-type-and-project-role/qaq-p/722906

Prerna Prerna June 12, 2018

Hi Jack,

Thanks ! I tried that script, but the problem with is, if I set that scripted validator on Create transition then agents are not able to rise request via customer portal as well.   I was want JIRA Service Desk agents to create service request via customer portal, not via create button in jira.

Like Dimitri Cools likes this
Paz Grimberg August 29, 2019

Hi Prerna, did you find a solution?

Dimitri Cools February 26, 2022

am having the same problem .. wondering if someone has a solution

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events