Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Stop an Issue Transition With a Condition?

Tafara Mugwangi March 10, 2021

I have setup conditions on my workflow so that a user cannot transition when the Report = 'itteam' or 'Technology Security', but my tests all let me transition with those values in place on the Reporter field. 

Jira Workflow Condition.png

Any idea why the workflow is ignoring the conditions?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tafara Mugwangi March 24, 2021

Using a condition in this instance and setup is correct for the requirement. But the condition was failing because it was set to 'Any of the following conditions', instead it should be set to 'All of the following conditions'. 

Eduardo Tavarez March 28, 2022

What is the difference between this 2? 

0 votes
Tafara Mugwangi March 12, 2021

Hi Jack

Can you think what could be causing my setup not to work?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

That is not what that condition is doing. It prevents the itteam or technology security “users” from invoking the transition. Actually I spoke prematurely here. Let me ponder this further. I will have to test this out.

Thanks for taking a look. But isn't what you describe supposed to be if I had used one of the 'User in...' condition types?

Any idea how I can stop an issue transition based on the value in the reporter field?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

I haven’t ever done this personally. However, I will have a look and see if I can achieve your goal and get back with you.

Like Tafara Mugwangi likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

I think the issue here is that you are using string on a user picker field but need to validate that theory.

Like Tafara Mugwangi likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

Hi @Tafara Mugwangi , In fact this does work just fine for me.

When I tested, if I set the Reporter to the user that is listed in the != condition then the transition does not show in the list of available transitions. As soon as I change the Reporter I see the transition.

Can you share more details/screenshots? Did you publish the workflow?

Hi Jack

I thought so it should work. I'm not sure what else to show so I have just took some screenshots along my etstign journey. I had previously published my changes but did it again just in case. See attached.

Jira SD Workflow Conditions.pngJira SD Workflow Status.pngJira SD Workflow Test ticket Workflow Option 1.pngJira SD Workflow Test ticket Workflow Option 2.pngJira SD Workflow Test ticket Workflow Transition Wrongly Passed.pngJira SD Workflow Test ticket.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

I am on my phone so hard to see images fully. However can you check to ensure you have all transition into Assessment covered? Can you share workflow image?

Hi Jack

There are no other transitions into Assessment other than the one I covered. I have added an image of the workflow. Jira SD Workflow.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2021

I'm missing something here...

You OP has an image of a transition (Start work) from Waiting for support to In Development. This is where you have your conditions. However, the workflow is not illustrating that transition at all. Unless the line are hidden. Later you are showing the transition (Assessment) going from W4S --> Assessment with those same conditions. Which transition are you wanting the condition on and are you sure you have things setup as you want, have published the latest updates and are testing in accordance w/ the latest published WF? If so then I'm unsure where the problem might be. I might suggest you try a test project and WF and see if you can get the logic to work to assess if it is something unique w/ this project/WF or systemic.

Tafara Mugwangi March 15, 2021

Hi Jack

Apologies I have two workflows on the same project that need and have the conditions. In my first screenshot I was showing workflow 1, later I was showing workflow two setup so pardon me. I will continue to use workflow two in the thread since I have posted all other screenshots based on that.

Tafara Mugwangi March 15, 2021

I've created a support ticket, will update what that route finds. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events