Hiding customer list in Jira Service Desk

integrations February 12, 2019

We are facing a huge problem using Jira Service Desk.

The customer list page on the side bar is something we would want to hide so badly.

Tried Security Field Plugin, which is not able to solve the problem.

We're hosting it ourselves. Just wondering if there's any way I can modify the source code? to hide the button?  Wondering which file I should be modifying to hide the "customers" button on the side bar ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eelke van der Nat February 12, 2019

Hi there,

Do you mean the customer button in the attached image?

If so, why do you want to hide that? What is the reason?

customer button.PNG

Hi,
Yes, that's exactly the button i was talking about. The reason I want it to be hidden is that we don't want our agents to see the customer list.
Our agents are Jira users as well, and they handle the issues in the service desk project.

I know this is handled with the Service desk agent permission at project settings > permissions. If your agents don't have that permission the "customer" button will be hidden. But the Service Desk Agent permission is needed for your agents to interact with customers and access Service Desk features of a project. So without it, I believe you can only comment on tickets and not transition tickets or anything else. But again it is needed to interact with your customers so I don't really understand why you wan't to disable it because you want to help your customers. You can also see all the tickets per customer (the ones who are still unresolved and the ones which are resolved) which is usefull if you want to look for a specific ticket from a customer.

But either way, you could try to set up a new project role and add it to the permission scheme without adding the project role to the service desk agent permission.

Hi, thanks for your replying.
Actually,I don't think i should remove their service desk agent permission. 
I need the agents to interact with the customers, and do the transitions as well.Just wondering if there's a way to prevent them from getting a full list of the customer emails so easily. 

I understand your concerns, but I am afraid it is not possible since the customer feature is part of the SDA permission

I see....
Wondering if there's a way we can do a little bit modification to the software since we're hosting it? like...changing the source code? am seeing some files in our server, just wasn't sure which file it is....Do you have any idea which? Much thanks.

There maybe is while using java scripting.
The following page describes which code you can use to hide elements and where to find the ID of the element (by using inspecting in your browser). 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-hide-elements-in-jira-using-css-or-javascript-958774526.html

They example they use here is to put the code in the announcement banner but in the new jira experience it has been deleted. But since you have jira server, you can modify the code in your files. You have to look it up which one that is, I am not sure of that since I am using jira cloud my apologies

Like integrations likes this
integrations February 13, 2019

Hi,Eelke van der Nat!

This is really very helpful! Thanks for your answers. I have solved the problem according to the info you provided.

Much much thanks!

Best Regards.

mxstudio January 7, 2021

Hi!

It's posible to hide this in cloud version?

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events