Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide issue view from customer portal

Mark Wheeler February 1, 2021

I have a particular issue type (i.e. Problem) which only internal users create, so there is no form on the portal to raise this issue type.  These issues can be associated with customers (via the Organization field).

Some of these issues I want to show to the customers to which the issue is associated, but I want to hide other issues. I want to set this manually in the issue.

I created to Request Types, "Track Problem" and "Untrack Problem". 

request types.PNG

Neither request types have a submission form, which is good.  However, both show in the list of Requests for a customer. What does the "Hidden from Portal" tag mean.

I only what the "Track Problem" request type to be listed. I created the "Untrack Problem" type so I can hide an issue previously set to "Track Problem" to remove it from the Portal.

How can I hide a request type from the view element of the Portal (i.e. Request list)?

requests list.PNG

Many thanks

Mark

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

if it is marked as hidden it should not show in the list of available request types. Did you go into Portal Groups and ensure the request type is not included?

Mark Wheeler February 2, 2021

I think I'm missing a config setting as in the Portal Groups for the project with these issues types there are no requests, so not sure how any issues are showing.  I don't want customers to raise these types of requests in the portal but I do want them to see particular requests which I enable.

Portal Settings.PNG

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

Removing a request form from a portal group will lead to it's status "Hidden from Portal".
From your last screenshot I am wondering if there should be request forms (for example at least the "Track Problem" one).
Apart from that I cannot recognize any further misconfiguration - it should work.

How does the portal from a customer's view currently look like? Did I understand it right that both request forms are enlisted while they show for you "Hidden from Portal"?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Mark, something is definitely amiss. As you stated, and you image shows you have no request types listed. Are you sure you are looking at the same project and group?

Darren Wedgwood November 15, 2021

I am having exactly the same problem - I have certain issue type/request types that I do not want to show in the customer portal at all. I have unchecked all the portal groups - so these are now showing as "hidden from portal" - but all this seems to do is remove these request types from the ticket creation in the portal - existing tickets still show on the list for this customer and I dont understand why?

I could remove the value(s) from the "Organizations" field so these arent exposed to any customers, but that field is being used to filter list of issues internally on various dashboards etc, so I am loath to do that.

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2022

Hiding it from portal keeps it available for selection in Jira Service Management, that is true - I have just checked it.
You are right when you say deleting it would affect filters.
I was not able to find any option to disable a Request Type in a way it would become unavailable to users, same time not visible in Jira Service Management but available in filters.

Not clear what is meant by "I could remove the value(s) from the "Organizations" field". Assuming you meant the deletion of a Request Type, you are right. It would skew filter results.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events