Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide customer portals for users

AccessHolding August 10, 2018

Hi Community,

I have an request which I can´t solve. On premise I have:

• 2 customer portals with an indipendent confluence knowledge base
  • Portal A - open for all
  • Portal B - restricted (Group portal B)

Users from Portal A can´t access Portal B which is fine. But users from Portal B can access Portal A. Is there a way to blacklist groups for other Portals?

Best,

Kristian

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Constance Hua (Private) August 10, 2018

Hi Kristian,

If portal A is open for all, by definition it will be open for all, including users from portal B. Otherwise you will have to restrict portal A to only the customers added to this portal.

Best,

Constance

Francesc_Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2018

+1 to @Constance Hua (Private). If you want to restrict access to Portal A, then it will not be open for all.

AccessHolding August 10, 2018

Yes I understand the logic but some business cases are to specific. So no blacklist option, which for example could avoid spam tickets. Anyway, thanks for your time.

Best,

Kristian

0 votes
Zeeshan Ahmed Khan March 26, 2023

HI @Katarzynas this solution available for Jira Service Management Cloud offering now ?

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 23, 2018

Hi Kristian,

I can recommend you to use our app Extension for Jira Service Desk. There you can find a feature named Visibility which contains tab "Customer Portal". You can limit the visibility of Customer Portal to Jira groups.

Visibility_for_Customer_Portal_-_Deviniti_Apps_Jira.pngI hope that it solves your problem. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Cheers,

Kate

Rachel Viniar March 13, 2019

I wish this feature was available on the Cloud version!

Like # people like this
Francesc_Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events