Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help creating automation rule for Description field that does not contain specific text

Christel April 25, 2019

I am using Jira Service Desk cloud and trying to create an automation rule for emailed requests.

The rule needs to search the "Description" field of a new emailed request and if the field does not contain "Case number (New):" it should decline the request. I'm doing this to avoid Jira creating duplicate tickets we receive from another system.

When the other system sends an email for a new case, it will always contain "Case number (New):" in the Description field. If a case is just updated, the Description field will have "Case number:" without "(New):".  As an FYI... after the colon is the case number assigned by the other system.

However, Jira doesn't seem to recognize the "(New):"

I reviewed the Advanced Searching and Search syntax for text fields pages for help.

So in my IF statement, I tried 

• description !~ "Case number \\(New\\)\\:"

But this is not working. Any advise on what I'm missing is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christel April 29, 2019

Thiago Behm commented:

Hi, Christel!

It seems you are running into a known behavior that is being tracked in the bug report JQL Contains "Exact Phrase" does not return the result as expected.

We encourage you to add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed as to the state of the bug moving forward. That way, if the ticket is updated by our development team, you'll be notified via email. We have updated the bug ticket with relevant metadata concerning your case and included a private note on how this is impacting your business for our internal staff to evaluate.

There's a number of factors that determine how Atlassian prioritizes bugfixes. You can learn more about this by reading our Atlassian Cloud Bug Fixing Policy.

If you have any questions about the bug report, or our bug fixing policy, please let us know - otherwise, we can close this ticket in favor of watching the bug report for an update.

Regards,
Thiago Behm
Atlassian Support | Cloud

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2019

Hi Christel,

I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same question, so to avoid any possible misunderstandings or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter in two different platforms, let's focus on the ticket instead. Feel free to post the resolution here once the ticket is resolved.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events