Help Center custom fields

Rached Blili October 29, 2020

In my current support portal, when the user creates a new request, she only has a few blanks to fill in:

What can we help you with?

What do you need?

Tell us more

Share with

Are these the defaults?  Can this form be customized at all?  For example, could I allow the customer to set an issue severity?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2020

Hello Rached! It's all right?!

These forms you are looking at are the ones created by Jira as an example. You can create and add new fields to these forms.

I ask that you consult this documentation to create new field.

For more configurations about custons fields click here.

After that you need to add this field to the portal form.

Follow in your Service Desk Project and Project Configuration > Requests Types > Choose the request type for configuration > request form.

Add the field on the creation screen and then add it to the form.

I hope I've helped

Kind Regards

Roberto Miasack

Rached Blili October 30, 2020

Thank you, Roberto!

0 votes
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2020

Hi Rached - it might also be helpful to look at some of the form apps on Marketplace (here's a link to JSM form apps https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=jira-service-management&query=forms). These allow you to customize the portal.

For example, ProForma allows you to use the conditional logic and allows for editing a form if the user makes a mistake or needs to change an answer. That comes in handy for the more complicated requests where accurate data is important.

Screen Recording 2020-11-17 at 10.44.29.gif

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events