Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, how do I write a query that extracts the number of active days a story has between the workfl

Ken Murphy May 5, 2023

How do I write a query that extracts the number of active days of a "story" between status on "In Progress" and "done". What I'm trying to track here is the flow time of an active story in days

In the filter I'd like to be able to specify a Jira story number and extract the amount of days it was active between being put in the status of "In Progress" and "Done"

4 answers

4 votes
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 5, 2023

Hello  @Ken Murphy 

If you are OK to use third party app, i suggest you to try Time between Statuses, developed by my company SaaSJet.

In our add-on you will be able to extracts the number of active days of a "story" between status on "In Progress" and "Done" easily. Here you can see how it works :)

image (1).png
Our add-on is free up to 10 users. Also i'm offering to you a 30-day trial

Please, let me know if you have any questions

Hope it helps,
Valeriia

Ken Murphy May 10, 2023

Thank you !!

3 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

You can't do it natively in de issue navigator. You'll need to create a field that you'll update using an automation or a script (scriptunner or other plugin). Then you'll be able to query this field in the JQL.

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 29, 2023

Hello @Ken Murphy ,

You can't do this with basic JQL. JQL queries can only filter issues. Status times can't be obtained through JQL. You need to use a marketplace app for this.

If you are OK with using a marketplace app for this, our team at OBSS built Time in Status for this exact need. It is available for Jira Server, Cloud, and Data Center.  

Time in Status mainly allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status or each assignee

tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_with Estimates.png    tisCloud_AssigneeDuration.png

You can combine the time for multiple statuses to get metrics like Issue Age, Cycle Time, Lead Time, Resolution Time etc. 

For all numeric report types, you can calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by the issue fields you select. For example total in-progress time per Vertical or average resolution time per sprint, week, month, issuetype, request type, etc. The ability to group by parts of dates (year, month, week, day, hour) or sprints is particularly useful here since it allows you to compare different time periods or see the trend. 

tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_Average_TimeGrouped.png

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well. It supports both Company Managed and Team Managed projects for Jira Cloud.

Time in Status reports can be accessed through its own reporting page, dashboard gadgets, and issue view screen tabs. All these options can provide both calculated data tables and charts.

Gadget_AverageStatusDurationByComponent.png  tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_Chart.png

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211756/

EmreT

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
May 10, 2023

Hi @Ken Murphy

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I think cycle time (cycle time starts when an issue is moved to “In Progress status and ends when the issue is moved to “Done” status) is what you are looking for. If so, you can try Status Time Reports app developed by our team. For more detail, you can have a look at the article below.

Cycle Time and Lead Time in Jira: Productivity Measurement with Two Critical Parameters

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free.

Hope it helps.

Ken Murphy May 10, 2023

Hello, thank you for your answer, does this work on Venetian version of Jira? 

Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
May 10, 2023

Hi @Ken Murphy ,

Our apps work on Jira Cloud and Jira Data Center. What is Venetian version of Jira? Could you please clarify?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events