• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hello guys. I want to access the installed insight app in jira through REST api. How do I do that?

Like for accessing Jira issues I use the following: https://smart-app.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/20801 (smart-app is my cloud instance name). So, for fetching from Insights which is installed as an app Jira, what cloud instance name should be added prior to /rest/insight/1.0/object/ISCG-4? Also, should I use basic authentication? and use same email id as jira and use generate the access token for insights?

1 answer

Hello @Subhodeep Das

welcome to the community!

To be able to use the API, first you need to generate your personal access token.

Then this token you will use in the Authorization header (Bearer token) of your requests.

To obtain data for specific object, you need to send GET request to URL:

https://insight-api.riada.io/rest/insight/1.0/object/ISCG-4

(see here - section Load)

Hello @Hana Kučerová Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it. Do you also know the curl command for the same?

Hana Kučerová Community Leader Oct 31, 2020

Hi @Subhodeep Das

please try something like this (xxxxx needs to be replaced by your token):

curl 'https://insight-api.riada.io/rest/insight/1.0/object/ISCG-4' -H 'Authorization: Bearer xxxxx' -H 'Accept: application/json'

@Hana Kučerová Thank you so much for your help. It is working now. I was using a ${} after bearer and so it was not working before. Just one last question for now. Right now we are fetching the data with object key. Is there any way, we can fetch this data using the object label instead of key? Thanks a ton. For all your help. I really appreciate it. :-)

Hana Kučerová Community Leader Nov 03, 2020

Hi @Subhodeep Das ,

I think it is possible, you just need to provide appropriate IQL and search for the object. 

(see here - section Find objects).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

182 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you