Hello fellow Atlassian Users!

vivian.angelino-corbett April 7, 2020

I'm trying to create a new queue in Jira.... for servicedesk but I don't see the option to do so....

2 comments

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2020

Hi Vivian - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you click on Queues on the left hand nav, it should take you to a list of Queues. At the bottom of that you should be able to click on New queue at the bottom of the left hand name.

If you don't see that - do you see Project Settings while on the main project page?

I went to Projects, then Servicedesk. I do not see the option to create a queue. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2020

Do you see Project Settings on the main project page? If not, you are not a project administrator, which would probably explain why you can't add a Queue. Or you might not be a Jira Service Desk Agent. 

Actually I do not see that....I am an administrator....strange.... 

Thank you for your help!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2020

Make sure that you are Service Desk Agent then - you should be in the jira-servicedesk-users group.

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2020

Good Morning, Vivian, 

It may differ if you are in Cloud or Server, or even Data Center or Enterprise possibly, but in Cloud: 

You do not need to go to Jira Setup or to Project Setup. Simply go to your Service Desk Project where you want to add the new queue.

Once you navigate to a Service Desk Project, you will see that Queues is highlighted and you see a list of tickets on the right. This is not where you add the queue. 

Hover over the word Queues and you will see an arrow. Click on Queues. 

Queues.png

Now you should see a whole list of Queues. i.e. Waiting for Support, Assigned to me, etc. 

At the bottom, below a horizontal line, see New queue. Click there. That is where you add a new queue. See below. 

New queue.png

If New Queue is not there, then you may not be an administrator on that project, or you may not be in a Cloud instance. 

Let me know if this is helpful. Kathy

Like Azad Lakho likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events