Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Handling Escalations

Hello! My team is trying to determine the best way to handle escalations. We have multiple teams operating out of the same service desk, and we are trying to determine best practices when a hand-off in Jira is needed to another team. Right now our method is just re-assigning that ticket to another individual when needed, which may not be a scalable solution long term.

Curious to know how other teams using service management handle escalating in Jira/ and Handoffs.

1 answer

0 votes

Hey Corinne, 

I would love to hear from other customers how they approach this situation. 

From a product perspective, creating a new ticket in the escalated teams project, then using issue links to connect the two issues together is a good approach. 

Depending on the purpose of your service desk you might handle the original ticket in different ways.

For internal support, you might resolve the original support ticket, and direct the reporter to the escalated issue in Jira Software.

For external support, you might direct the customer to a feature request portal or something to that effect,. Alternatively you might keep their issue open (or in an appropriate status), and have the agent provide updates as the escalated issue changes. 

I hope this helps, and I look forward to feedback from others. 

Cheers, 

Ben.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Submit your Jira Service Management use case and win!

Hi everyone - in case you haven’t heard, we’re hosting the show of the century on November 10th: High Velocity: ITSM World Tour.     This virtual, concert-themed experience...

276 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you