Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gsuite setup email

Ayden Hurd November 16, 2020

Working on setting up Jira for my org... We want to set up the GSuite but aren't ready for it to email everyone accounts. Which it looks like it does?

Is there a way for it not to email? Or am I mistaken and it won't? 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2020

Hello Ayden,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, I would like to confirm if you are setting up an email for your Service Management project or if you are connecting GSuite in order to manage users.

I'm asking because this question is tagged as Jira Service Management. 

If you are connecting GSuite to manage users, it actually doesn’t send a notification for users, what does notify users is when you claim their accounts after verifying a domain. 

Please, let us know more details about the steps you are following and if possible, send us a screenshot of where it shows that notifications will be sent to users (just make sure to hide private information).

Regards,
Angélica

Ayden Hurd November 17, 2020

connecting GSuite to manage users for the Service Management project, having them be customers on it. Is this the correct process? 

Where I'm at is: Admin / Org / G Suite, allowed access to the account/domain and users. Now at the part of pressing Sync, but it looks like it will email the users an Atlassian account. We are looking to just have the customers have accounts on our Service Management. 

Screenshot 2020-11-17 152252.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2020

Thank you for the details, Ayden.

When liking a Cloud site to GSuite, it will sync existing users and create a new account for other users that are on GSuite, but not in Atlassian Cloud.

The customer portal, currently, doesn't work with SSO. Customer accounts are stored locally and it's not possible to sync their accounts with an Identity Provider.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

As a workaround, it would be necessary to migrate their accounts to Atlassian account. For that, first, it's necessary to remove the product access, so customers won't count as a license or access private information.

Go to Administration > Product access and uncheck all the products. After migrating the customers, you can enable it again.

Then, on Administration, go to Jira Service Desk and click on "Migrate to Atlassian account" for each customer. 

After that, customers will also be listed under Users where it will be possible to use with GSuite.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events