Global voting enabled, unable to allow customer to vote in JSM

Malka Jackson [Isos Technology]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2022

According to this page:https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/managing-access-to-your-service-project-939926273.html#:~:text=You%20can%20allow%20customers%20to%20vote%20for%20requests%20directly%20in,enabled%20for%20your%20Jira%20instance.

Once global voting is enabled, you should be able to enable voting by customers in your JSM instance, but I only have Service project access and Customer sharing as options under Customer permissions in my JSM project and I have verified that Global settings > Allow Voting is ON. 

Any suggestions on where I am going wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2022

Hello @Malka Jackson [Isos Technology]

Thank you for reaching out.

Please, notice that the documentation you're referring to is related to JSM Server and Data Center, and not Cloud:

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 16.57.19.png

Unfortunately, the option to vote from the customer portal is not available for JSM Cloud yet. There is a feature request to consider the implementation of this functionality in future releases:

Ability to vote on an issue on the Customer Portal 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a possible workaround, @Mikael Sandberg mentioned a marketplace app that might provide that functionality in this thread:

Roadmap Portal - Jira Service Management 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events