Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give permission to groups to browse projects and create issues

Dale Stephenson March 22, 2021

Wanting to give users access to particular permissions, how do I do this? I have 4 projects and only want certain people, in this case managers, to access certain projects, I've enabled them so they can view the project, but they can't create issues - they are blocked!

The permission settings require a lot of leg work using groups, I need to add all staff to the groups they have access to, which becomes an administration nightmare with regards to onboarding and offboarding - is there a better way?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kushal Amin March 22, 2021

Dale, that permissions scheme is the primary way to control access to JIRA projects and instead of creating multiple groups, I have found that creating a basic set of groups and assigning a set of of permissions to those groups has helped managed project access. For e.g: I created groups such as  Internal project team, Business, Product Management, Leaders, External stakeholders. All I now have to do is assess which group a requestor would be part of. This also aligns with the Project management practice of RACI - identifying who is responsible, accountable, consulted and informed. Hope this helps with what you are trying to achieve.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events