Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting email limitation message even though only 12 emails have gone through the past 24 hours.

Kai Ytterberg April 7, 2021

We are seeing the error message "You've sent the maximum number of notifications in 1 day for your plan. This limitation will be removed when you move to Standard/Premium (paid) plan after your evaluation period." but the limit should be 100 emails and we've only sent 12 emails the past day when checking the logs. 

I've upgraded to standard trial and now downgraded and receiving the error message.

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2021

Hello @Kai Ytterberg,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Management, it’s not possible to view logs for outgoing email.

The logs that you see on Project settings > Email Requests are related to incoming emails.

The notifications sent from Jira include not only customer notifications but also agent/user notifications. Each ticket can generate many notifications for customers, for example, if a ticket is shared with other customers (request participants) or with an organization, each customer will receive a notification when the ticket is created, updated. Also, an agent can watch a ticket which will also receive notifications about comments, status change, and so on.

Another example, if a customer creates a ticket and shares it with an Organization that contains other 99 customers, the reporter, and other 99 customers will receive a notification, and with only one ticket, the notification limit will be reached.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Kai Ytterberg April 12, 2021

Hi!

This should not be the case though. I've manually gone through the support requests throughout that day and all agents on our side have email notifications switched off and in the 12 request we had that day, there haven't been any other collaborators in the support requests. So we shouldn't have had more than 36 email sendouts from that day. This has happened the past 3 working days and we haven't been close to the 100 email limit these days.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2021

Hello Kai,

I checked the outgoing logs here and saw that 155 notifications were sent in the last 24 hours. 

Then, I was checking the users who received the notifications and it was included the agents but also the add-ons’ users.

I was able to replicate the same issue on my local site, and actually, it’s not a bug because add-ons are added to the default groups, so they can work properly.

I saw that you upgraded your plan to Standard already, but in case you want to fix this and go back to the Free plan, please go to Project settings > Notifications > Actions > Edit notifications and make sure that no default groups are added there. By default, the notifications are set to: Current assignee, reporter, and all watchers.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 17.09.44.png

When testing, I added the group “jira-servicedesk-users” to the Issue Created. My site is also a Free one and the on the logs, 19 notifications were generated for a new issue, even though there are only 3 agents.

Also, the notification scheme overrides the personal settings, so even if the agents deactivated the notifications, they will receive them due to the global configuration.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

Kai,

I will escalate to Atlassian support.  Once question, what logs are you reviewing?

Kai Ytterberg April 7, 2021

Thank you! 

It's the logs under Project settings > Email Requests > "View logs" for the connected email account > Processing log & Connectivity logs.

I'm guessing that it doesn't show everything as we have activated reply emails for a new request and on each message we send to customers. But if I count the emails from the past 24 hours it shouldn't be more than 20 or so email sendouts from jira.

Cheers,

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

@Kai Ytterberg I have escalated for Atlassian to take a look at your account. They should be able to provide more insights.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events