Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get user interaction with Jira Service Desk

samuel.diogo January 10, 2020

I have a Service Desk workflow, to control Service Orders:

• So the customer will list his requirements by creating a request on Customer Portal;
  • I’ll prepare the quotations that might fulfill his needs;
  • Then I need him to choose one of those before I start executing the job.

The idea was to show a COMBO BOX, with the list of quotations, so he can choose one of those.

But I cannot find a way to show him the field on Customer Portal.

Is there a way to do that?

Or the only way is to send him comments and wait for his replies?

The problem with that approach is that I won’t be able to automate the next steps of the flow because his decision will be inside a comment and not as an option from a list.

Can you help me find a solution?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nich Hogue
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2020

Hi Samuel

One add on that can help build into this functionality is Extensions for Service Desk, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-desk?hosting=server&tab=overview&_ga=2.244248007.336477141.1578883832-747912514.1576687073 it provides the ability to add dynamically populating fields. 

If you wanted to do it through the comments. You could setup a comment based off of a choice in a field in post functions. That would drop in a set of stock questions. Their reply would still be in-line in the comments though and would require manual updating as you mentioned. But if the options change each time based on some choices during creation it could automate sending off the followup. A great add on that helps with this is the JMWE add-on. It lets you add comments based on conditions. 

M Shahanul Islam June 22, 2022

Hi @Nich Hogue 

I am facing actually the same Problem to implement Interaction in our Jira service desk.

we want to track or record  the communication between customer and our support desk via interaction.

Is that possible by installing your above mentioned app  (Extensions for Service Desk ) in our system?

If so,Can you please elaborate shortly the process how we can implement it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

M Shahanul Islam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events