Formatting HTML emails to match JIRA's commenting formatting?

CS August 25, 2020

Hi, I am leveraging the new Project Automation in Jira Service Desk Cloud, and ran into a problem when configuring the HTML email reply template.

There is a smart value that allows me to do {{comment.htmlEncode}} but it does not format the email with the differences that are made when comment is made.

Please see photos attached for example. Is there any way to circumvent this and get our replies showing exactly how JIRA prints them out in the ticket view?

Broken formatting:

formatting1.png

Formatting given by Service Desk

formatting2.png

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2020

@CS - hi Connor! Try encasing your HTML content in a div tag, and use the same class JSD notifications use? Example: 

<div class="jsd-message-content">
    your <b>cool</b> HTML here
</div>
CS October 9, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion, Little late seeing this but I tried applying it to our email template and still got similar results:   :(
I'm going to try learning regex and maybe I can just tag on a few .replaceAll functions in the template I guess. Was super excited that JIRA might be able to import that formatting but I don't think that's the case.

Please please let me know if you have any other ideas though! Thanks again5MuKZZDqQf60OMqz4tdqHQ

Like Dave Liao likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events