• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

First response time

Hi Team,

My project has three different states TODO-WIP-DONE. I have exported all the completed (DONE) tickets to calculate first response time.

In my project, first response time is = (Ticket assigned to the user (date&time) - status change from Todo to WIP status(date&time) ) 

but when I export completed tickets, I can see same time for all the tickets for each state WIP, DONE, TODO

Ex: 

TODO = 1/2/2020 5:30:00

WIP = 1/2/2020 5:30:00

Done = 1/2/2020 5:30:00

the date is varying but time is the same for all the tickets across the status.

but when I look JIRA history tab for a ticket I can see different timings like

TODO = January 3, 2020, 1:50 AM

WIP.    = January 3, 2020, 3:54 AM

Done = January 3, 2020, 2:40 AM

1. Why I'm seeing same time (date is different) for all the exported tickets

2. Is there a way I can export date & time as shown above from the JIRA history section?

4 answers

Hello @rajalingu_dasari ,

Where do you get this export file? The normal Jira issue navigator export only gives field values of issues in the export file and statuses are not fields on an issue.

For exporting durations spent on statuses/users or exporting dates about statuses, our team at OBSS built Time in Status app. I suggest you give it a try. The app can:

• Calculate how much time each issue spent on each status or assigned to each assignee.
  • Combine statuses into consolidated columns to get metrics like Cycle Time, Lead Time, Response Time, etc.
  • Calculate average times of those durations.
  • Calculate different date reports for First/Last transition To/From status.
  • Define your business calendars with custom working days and working hours.
  • Export all data as XLS, XLSX or CSV

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1211756

Emre TOPTANCI

Hi @rajalingu_dasari 

You can view and export the full history of activity using app Issue History.

The only thing you need is to select the issue list you would like to view. Add-on let you get all archived data before its installation.

Also, Time in Status for Jira Cloud by SaaSJet will let you monitor and export data about time in each status.

Both apps work with Service Desk data.

Hope it helps

You can use Status Time add-on. It generates status time report based on your working calendar.
StatusDurations-M.jpg 

If you are looking for a free add-on, you can try the free version, Status Time Free.
IssueScreenView-3.gif

How would you go about creating a Jira automation to give you 'First Response Time' to the time the task in Jira is closed?

So for example:

New Jira task created - '"obtain time stamp" 

all the way to

Jira task is closed - "close time"

What we are trying to achieve is "the length of the time it has taken to complete the Jira" rather than see the time stamp in each status. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

227 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you