First Contact Resolution Reporting

David Anthony November 6, 2019

Hi,

I was just wondering how people are reporting on First Contact Resolution using JIRA service desk. 

I've come up with a couple of methods but I just wanted to see if there are better ideas out there.

1) Add a status to the workflow to represent first contact resolution.  This status would have two transitions:

• From Waiting to Support
    • To Resolved

I then would set a post function to set a custom field in the backend to ‘Yes’ every time the status transitions from ‘First Contact Resolution’ status to ‘Resolved’.  I could then create a series in a report based off of the custom field.

2) Create a custom FCR field and manually choose "Yes" if the ticket was completed on first contact.

Also, is there a way to create a custom series in the reporting to calculate a percentage?  Trying to create a first contact resolution % (where custom field = 'Yes'/Number of tickets where status = resolved)  Currently the only series I can create are counts.

Thanks,

Dave

3 answers

1 vote
Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2019

@David Anthony have you tried using historically searchable JQL params?

Here is a sample JQL I would use to get the issues I want

status was not in ("In Progress") and status was in (Open)

And here is the advanced search reference https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-operators-reference-764478341.html .

Basically I'd create a JQL with just the FCS status and the Resolved status. The absence of the intermediary statuses would tell me that it was a FCS resolved issue. Then I'd just count as normally.

Would this work for you?

Cheers,

Radu

0 votes
Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2021

Hi,

eazyBI app for Jira allows reporting on specific status transitions.

The following report created with drag-and-drop in eazyBI could match your use case:

TransitionReport.jpg

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

Jon Schneider April 7, 2022

How does this account for tickets that just got transferred directly there after updates were ignored by L1 support?

Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2022

You can aggregate several transitions in the report and get the count of issues transitioned through any of the aggregated transitions.

0 votes
Evan Golden {VisualScript}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2019

Hello @David Anthony 

You can use the VisualScript for Jira add-on in the marketplace to do this, and create a visual reporting of the metrics in a Jira dashboard.

We have built first-contact resolution into a table of OKRs along with other valuable help desk metrics like:

• Average time to response
  • Average time to resolution
  • Created outside of the portal - and more

The app can also calculate percentages and present those in a visual as well.  

FYI - I work on the product team for VisualScript.

Nnennaya Anwara November 17, 2021

Hello,, do you guys have a guide on how to do this? There is no built in widget already made now?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events