Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Issue Scope (IQL) with a select custom field, how?

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Hi,

I have a Single Select Custom Field “Team-Jira” and in Insight ObjectType “Hardware” the attribute (select) “Team Insight”.
The choices in Single Select Custom Field “Team-Jira” and attribute (select) “Team Insight” are identical.
Now I want to create an Insight Custom Field “Hardware” in which I want to adjust with “Filter Issue Scope (IQL)” that only objects of the attribute (select) “Team Insight” correspond to what in the present Single Select Custom Field “ Team Jira ”has been chosen.
I have
"Team Insight" = $ {Team-Jira}
And
"Team Insight" = $ {Team-Jira.Value}
Tried but unfortunately without result.

"Team Insight" = "Team Blue"
Works for Team Blue objects

Someone a solution?

Thanks in advance. Greetings, Marco Brundel

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David Sumlin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

In the Filter Issue Scope of the Insight custom field, I believe you can put some IQL similar to:

Hardware."Team Insight" = ${Team-Jira}

You may have to put quotes around Team-Jira. I can't remember.

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2021

@David Sumlin , thanks for the answer. 

Unfortunately I don't get it working.

I feel like it's because Jira / Insight looks at the result from the "Select List (single choice) field" at the Value ID (selectedValue=14103) instead of the actual value (Team Blue).

Anyone have an idea?

regards, Marco

David Sumlin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2021

@Marco Brundel , try Hardware."Team Insight" = ${customfield_12345.name}

This is from https://documentation.mindville.com/display/ICV83/Insight+with+Placeholders

Like # people like this
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2021

@David Sumlin , thank you.

"Team Insight" = ${customfield_12345.name}

in Filter Issue Scope(IQL) is the way it works.

Regards, Marco

Like # people like this
Admin _RKI July 14, 2021

I use the solution for the Assign Filter Scope. Does this only work for a single user custom field? I use a user picker (multiple users) and only the first user in the field is automatically transferred to the insight field.

best

Matthias

Niharika Sarabu June 3, 2022

Hello All,

I would like to populate the customfield on UI with the options of select Attribute from Insight.

Can any one let me know , the IQL I have to use to get the list of options from select Attribute instead of list of objects.

best,
Niharika.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events