Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Issue Scope (IQL) in a Insight Custom Field with another Insight Custom Field

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Hi,

In Insight I have the object types “System Integrator” and “Employees”
With object type “Employees” there is the attribute “System Integrator” with a link to object type “System Integrator”.
In object type “System Integrator” the label is on the attribute “Name”.

There are also 2 Insight Custom Fields “System Integrator” (customfield_14769) and “Employees System Integrator” (customfield_14796).

Now I want to add a Filter Issue Scope (IQL) to “Employee System Integrator” (customfield_14796). So that in this field only the employees of the System integrator are shown who are filled in the field “System Integrator” (customfield_14769).

Now I am looking for the correct / working Filter Issue Scope (IQL)

Anyone a tip / idea?

Regards Marco

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Marco Brundel ,

I believe I understand your structure, but it is not clear to me, if "Employee System Integrator" should be read only, i.e. just show all the suitable employees objects, or you should be able to select from the employees based on the value in the "System Integrator" field.

Thank you.

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová ,

I should indeed be able to select from the employees based on the value in the "System Integrator" field

As an example, I have 2 System Intergrators. SI-1 and SI-2. John and Ellen work at SI-1 and Max and Rosa work at SI-2.

If SI-1 is selected in the issue at "System integrator", then only John or Ellen should be visible as choices in the "Employee System Integrator" field.

Does this provide more clarity?

Regards, Marco

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi @Marco Brundel ,

yes, thank you! I thought so...

I would recommend you to change the type of "Employee System Integrator" to Insight Referenced Object (single). Then you should be able to select "System Integrator" field in the configuration as Referenced Custom Field. You will probably need to do some additional config, but in general this should work.

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová 

It works.Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 13.53.42.png

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
3 votes
Adam Bosen June 14, 2021

Hi, 

While fantastic to see that this query was resolved, I'm attempting to achieve the same outcome on JSM Cloud. Would anyone have any pointers on how to achieve this?

Thanks & Regards, 

Sami A March 2, 2022

Any updates if this is possible on the cloud?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events