False unique contsraint violation error when using the Java API in groovy

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

I've been making some customization in our environment that involves object creation automatically from a jira post function.

I'm using groovy to create the new object.

But I'm getting a unique constraint violation error on an attribute that I know to have a different value than any that exist.

As a test scenario, I created a brand new object type in my schema (typeId=50) with only the default attributes. I made the "name" attribute unique.

Then I wrote this simplified script to create a new value. I run this from the console:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.channel.external.api.facade.ObjectFacade
import com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.channel.external.api.facade.ObjectTypeFacade
import com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.channel.external.api.facade.ObjectTypeAttributeFacade

def objectFacade = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(ObjectFacade)
def objectTypeFacade = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(ObjectTypeFacade)
def objectTypeAttributeFacade = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(ObjectTypeAttributeFacade)

def typeId = 50
def newObjectName = 'test3'

def objectType = objectTypeFacade.loadObjectType(typeId)
def objectTypeAttributes = objectTypeAttributeFacade.findObjectTypeAttributeBeans(objectType.id)
def newObject = objectType.createMutableObjectBean()

def nameOTAB = objectTypeAttributes.find{it.name=='Name'}
def nameOAB = newObject.createObjectAttributeBean( nameOTAB)
def nameOAVB = nameOAB.createObjectAttributeValueBean()

nameOAVB.setValue(nameOTAB, newObjectName)
nameOAB.setObjectAttributeValueBeans([nameOAVB])

newObject.setObjectAttributeBeans([nameOAB])
objectFacade.validateObjectBean(newObject)
log.info "Validation passed"
def object = objectFacade.storeObjectBean(newObject)

This fails on the storeObjectBean() method even when I know for sure that newObjectName 'test3' does not exist.

As proof, if an object with that Name exists, then the script fails on the validateObjectBean() method.

If I remove the Unique flag from the attribute, then the script works fine (of course whether or not the name already exists, potentially creating duplicates).

Am I doing something wrong in how I'm building up my mutableObjectBean? 

Any examples out there of how to create a new object that has a unique attribute?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

Well, nevermind ... I think I found my issue.

If I remove my line to validate the object then the store object works correctly. So, somehow the validateObjectBean must be creating a cached version of the object that the storeObjectBean trips over.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events