Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export statistic reports about service desk tickets

Ali Azzam February 26, 2020

I`m investigating if it`s possible to export statistic reports with specific data about the raised service desk tickets. 

We are in the process of analyzing optimization of our hotline support.
In this case, we are trying to create an overview of where it`is possible to optimize.
I`m searching for a functionality to export data of how many comments there is in the raised tickets. 

For example for DESK-100, DESK-101, DESK-102, DESK-103 how many comments we have in each ticket?

The purpose is to analyse if the support dialog is too long and we should introduce something to ensure the problem is solved earlier and then fewer comments.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2020

Hi Ali,

thinking of the requirement one approach comes to my mind which you could test if you are on Jira Service Desk (Server). For Cloud there might be several other Apps out there (Jira Toolkit seems not being available to Jira Cloud).

My approach is to use Jira Toolkit

You can find it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.toolkit

Using this App you can get count the amount of comments in each issue.
The next steps I'd outline as follow:
- define a threshold of maximum comments per issue when reached you want to be alarmed about
- write a JQL query and save it as a filter
- subscribe to the filter using a Filter Subscription and review all occurrences on a regular (for example daily/weekly) basis

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events