Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export SLA goal in Jira Cloud for Excel

Rik December 14, 2020

Hi,

For a report for stakeholders of our service desk, I need to report on the time it took to provide a first response on the ticket.

I've configured SLA rules for this (called Time to first response), which seem to be working fine. Unfortunately, in reporting, I can't access all the information I need.

I can access acolumns that provide information on this SLA: Time to first response shows me a countdown to the SLA goal (i.e. Goal Duration minus Actual Duration, for example 8h goal minus the 2h 30m it took to provide first response => column will display 5h 30m.

image.png

Is there a way to export:

• time elapsed on the SLA
  • SLA goal

SLA goal is displayed in the UI, so it should be in there somewhere:

image.png

Thanks!

Rik

4 answers

2 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 16, 2020

Hello @Rik 

You can try SLA Time and Report to set up SLAs for your tickets.

It allows you to set and track time frames for all types of projects (Jira service management, Jira Software, and Core). To get First Time Response data, you need to select "to do" or "waiting for support" status (depending on your project's statuses) as a Start condition. And "Comment from(assignee or reporter)" as a Stop condition.

2021-01-15_16-30-20.jpg

Also, you can export SLA data as XLSX or CSV files - which is very convenient for further analysis.

2021-01-15_16-48-04.png2021-01-15_16-34-36.png

I hope, you find this helpful

Best regards, Mariana

0 votes
PaKat May 11, 2023

Hi @Rik 

I have the same task, to collect the time of the first response on the ticket, and whether our work meets the SLA.
Nowhere can I find information? Can I gather this information without plugins?

I will be very grateful to everyone for their advice!

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 14, 2020

Hi @Rik ,

You can do this using Time to SLA.

You can use SLA detailed report to extract SLA dates and durations (working (time elapsed) and remaining) and SLA dates (start,target and end dates) and export them to Excel by clicking the Export button.

SLA+Detail+Report+(Cloud)+3.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 15.49.46.png

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Please note that I'm one of the members of the Snapbytes team.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

OOTB you would need to recalculate that in Excel, Sheets, Numbers. 

Rik December 14, 2020

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your answer!

Unfortunately I hit a problem with this method this morning: my report had calculated the SLA goal for the ticket's current priority (P2 => 2h), but the SLA was fulfilled under the ticket's original priority (P4 => 16h). Result: my report is showing a negative resolution time for this particular ticket (as in: it was solved 12 hours before it was logged...).

To make the recalculation work, I would basically need the state of the ticket at the time the SLA was fulfilled, so I can calculate the correct SLA goal at that time. Any idea if I can make that work somehow?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

that gets messy. For sure there are limitations w/ Excel and I don't know of a one-size-fits-all solution. You would have to manually manipulate the data. If this is an ongoing and important need consider an addon like what @Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} suggested or check on the Marketplace.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events