• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Every day authorization scheme is changed automatically

Hello,

in our servicedesk project the authorization scheme is changed every day over night.There are no configured settings and only one project is affected. Does any of you have an idea?

1 answer

0 votes

There is no code in Jira that changes permissions without a human triggering it.  You have, somewhere, a plugin, external script, or administrator that is making the changes during the night.

Have a look in the audit log - changes to permissions should be logged there with a user who did it.  If you are unsure of who the person making the changes is, then remove them from the administration group(s) and see who yells!

Thanks for your answer.

But in the audit log ther are no changes logged. The only thing that we have a plugin or a external script. But I cannot explain it to myself where I can edit this. Only one project is affected by this.

Ok, then you're going to need to nail down which admin is changing it manually.  You should really only have 3-10, so you'll need to question all of them.

I'd also try turning up the logging in "logging and profiling" although I'm not sure which class might be useful.

Like Alexander Herrler likes this

I have found the error. The service desk team had no permissions to search the projects. So I got the message "Some problems..." and I had to update a scheme (but you can't see which one) and that was the permission scheme which had been reset.
So the "Problem Admin" was me ;-)

Thanks for your help

Ahh :-)  I think we've all been there, I certainly know I've done things and then spent a while working out why something has changed only to find I didn't realise what I had done in other places.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

170 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you