Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message "You don't have permission to view this portal"

Soporte Atl June 12, 2020

Hi,

One of our users is getting the message "You don't have permission to view this portal".

We've checked his account and profile permissions and everything seems OK.

The full array of symptons are the following:

1. He enters his email and press continue. Then gets this message (which translates as "Your group uses single sign-on"):

jlbm1.jpg

2. He clics the button ("Start session with single sign-on") and enters his password and then gets this:

jlbm4.jpg

Could anyone please help?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Soporte Atl June 15, 2020

Hi, Dirk.

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Please see at the bottom a capture of the original post.

I don't think it's a multiple account problem (considering the type of users we work with) but we will double check. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

M.

---

Nombre.jpg

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2020

@Soporte Atl ,

Could you show us a screenshot of the the user's profile settings?

(blank out his name if you want) but it would help (and maybe allow us to reproduce on a test environment) 

• if you can show us what his role is in the project?
  • Is he a customer only or also a regular user?

I don't think it has anything to do with the Single Sign On (SSO) part itself but just a permissions problem for that user on the project.

So if you can screenshot the permissions/roles this user has that might be helpfull :)

Like Soporte Atl likes this
Soporte Atl June 17, 2020

Hi, Dirk.

Thank you and sorry for not having answered sooner, but I had to ask the Jira administrator to reach the profile section to get the screenshot, which is the following one:

image.png

The message says something like "We've got to the site of a user that does noit exist. Go back to the directory to look for a different user".

So as you suggested it seems there are problems with the profile. We've also noticed that some other users are affected so we're going to open a ticket.

If you know what the problem is, please let me know.

I'll post here the conclusions, after solving the issue with the Jira support team.

Thank you very much once again.

Regards.

M.

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

@Soporte Atl , 

nice troubleshooting, hope you can find the cause. I'm not aware of any bug that causes this so opening a ticket with the support is a good idea.

As i don't know your environment I can only offer what I encountered myself just a few days ago (with the same error message)

For me it was due to the account that I added as a customer. As you are using a "non-english" language (i'm guessing spanish or portuguese? :)) take a look at the email address that you added to the customer (which would be the login for the user) and double check if they are the same. 

I had the issue where I had as user with an accent or trema/tilde on one of the letters which I mistakenly copied in to the invite field while his real account was without it (as an email address doesn't support it). 

So not sure if that's your case but might not hurt to take a quick look and see if you have anything like that between the customer that you added and the proper email address of the user.

I noticed it cause it didn't resolve to a proper account in the customers so I basically invited a 2nd email address that doesn't exist.

Like Soporte Atl likes this
Soporte Atl June 17, 2020

Many thanks. Will check that as well.

Subbaraju November 20, 2020

@Soporte Atl : One of our user is facing the similar issue you pointed out. Was it been resolved? If so, could you please guide us on steps for resolving this.

Soporte Atl November 22, 2020

@subbu , hi.

We solved this very past week our problem partially.

The part that we could solved worked like that: we have users that are only service desk clients and others that are also jira projects users. For the first one the access problem got fixed by using access via their Microsoft account. So when asked how they wanted to access in this view...

Noname.jpg

... they had to chose "Continuar con Microsoft (Continue with Microsoft)" instead of trying to access with their former Service Desk credentials.

For those users that are also Jira projects users, one could also try this same approach, but they only gain access to the Jira projects. So now we have to figure out why they've lost access to the service desk project.

Will keep you informed in the case we manage to find a solution.

Regards,

M.

Like # people like this
Ahsan Nafees Ansari August 31, 2021

Any solution?

Like Subbaraju likes this
Soporte Atl August 31, 2021

The problem persists.

Some times it works adding the problematic existing user as a Service Desk client again. The user then is able to access the Service Desk, but as a different client (so they lose track of all their previous tickets). Both users coexist with the same email, one of them not usable.

Regards,

M

Like Ahsan Nafees Ansari likes this
1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2020

Could you repost the screenshots? Not sure if it's me but they don't seem to load.

The only thing I can think of from the top of my mind is that this person has multiple accounts?

Peprhaps his single sign on is linking to a different account than you have defined on the project?

Soporte Atl June 15, 2020

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events