Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error exporting Insight Object Schema

Lance Li April 17, 2023

When trying to export Insight Object Schema, I got this error below from the log:

2023-04-18 01:45:48,568 [Thread-14127] | Error when exporting object schema and objects, object schema id: 1, Error: null
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
at java.base/java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
at java.base/java.io.FileOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.writeTo(Unknown Source)
at com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.services.imports.schema.ObjectSchemaExportServiceImpl.writeContentsToZipFile(ObjectSchemaExportServiceImpl.java:646)
at com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.services.imports.schema.ObjectSchemaExportServiceImpl.exportSchemaToServerAsync(ObjectSchemaExportServiceImpl.java:257)
at com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.services.imports.schema.ObjectSchemaExportServiceImpl.lambda$exportSchemaWithObjectsToServer$0(ObjectSchemaExportServiceImpl.java:206)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2023-04-18 01:45:48,570 [Thread-14127] | Insight log directory: /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log
2023-04-18 01:45:48,575 [Thread-14127] | Done exporting object schema and objects, object schema id: 1

But it worked last week, and from the error, there's no useful information. May I know if anyone has an idea on what the issue is and how to get it fixed? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

This is an out of memory error. Jira basically does not have enough memory to perform the export you want to do.

Maybe it worked in the past. Perhaps the load on Jira is higher when you tried again or the export can be larger than last time it worked.

Ask your Jira system administrator to look at the memory settings of Jira (XmX parameter) and see if it can be increased.

Lance Li April 18, 2023

Thanks, Charlie. We have 12GB memory allocated, not sure why it happened. Maybe Jira was doing some backend stuff and used most of the memory when I tried the export task. I tried it again this morning and it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events