Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after renaming a custom field

Lubomira Nikolova August 5, 2020

Hi All,

I am experiencing the following issue - I wanted to replace a custom field with a new one. So what I did is renamed the existing one "XXX" to "OLD". And created new one called "XXX". Then removed "OLD" from all the screens. However, now that I open several screens, it does not let me proceed telling me that "XXX" is required and I need to select a value, although I have selected one. When I add "OLD" back to the screen, the issue disappears.

Any ideas how I can fix this? I read something about re-indexing but I don't seem to have this option in my Advanced Admin settings.

Thank you all in advance!

4 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2020

Ok, then your workflow has a validator on it that is looking for the obsoleted field, probably finding it by id rather than name.

0 votes
Lubomira Nikolova August 5, 2020

Hi All,

Neither the old one, nor the new one were configured as mandatory. On other screens, I am able to proceed without entering any values.

Thanks

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2020

@Lubomira Nikolova what about Fields configuration? Is it possible that "OLD" field is marked as mandatory?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/issue-field-configurations-844500794.html

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2020

It's because you have the field "OLD" flagged as mandatory.  Jira has no way of knowing you're intending to use XXX as a replacement for OLD, the two fields are separate entities.

As well as removing OLD from the screens, you'll need to amend the field configuration to make it optional (and maybe XXX mandatory?)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events