Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic Visibility for Customer Portal

Sam Starett February 18, 2021

Let me start off with, we have both JSM and Jira Software.  We work out of both depending on your role.  Client requests come through JSM and our Dev team work on items through Jira Software.  That said, we link many of our tickets to Epics that we create in JSM.

I have several Apps to help extend additional visibility on our Customer Portal for JSM. However, I cannot figure out HOW to give the client visibility into the Epic.  All they need is the name, so that they can see tickets that are related to each other via an Epic Name.

Advanced Reports does not allow you to report on the Epic which would be an EASY solution. The Jira Addon that allows you to add fields to the Customer Portal shows that the Epic Link is present but it doesn't actually appear.

I'm at a loss for a work around! At this point I'm considering a custom field to pull the Epic Name over that I could then place on the portal and reporting extension but would like to avoid creating ANOTHER field for something that is native to Jira.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2021

Hi Sam,

We are the creators of Advanced Portal Reports app. We will add Epic Link to the fields shown by our app soon, hope that solves your problem.

Best regards,

Boyan

0 votes
Sam Starett February 19, 2021

Current Apps we are using:

• Advanced Customer Reports
  • Customer Form Extension
  • Request Details Extension
0 votes
Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 18, 2021

Hi Sam, 

We have an app to show additional information on the Customer Portal, however, we do not have support for Epic Link. We could add it in a short time. Feel free to contact our support to discuss how the Epic Links could look like on the Portal side. 

Cheers, 

Sam Starett February 19, 2021

@Tom Jones [Appsvio]Thank you for the suggestion, I'm trying to avoid another paid app.  We are a very small startup working to provide as much visibility on our projects to our customers where possible.  Epics allow us to group work, we don't need them to edit Epics just be able to see a Request and What Epic it was assigned to.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events