cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoint Central Integration and automation

Christopher Lee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2024

Hi All,

I've just configured the integration for Endpoint Central and am liking it so far. Had a couple queries about some basic functionality for its use within a Ticket itself.

Is it at all possible to have the asset automatically selected based on other fields on the ticket, and so could someone explain how this could be done? I've attached an image below

image.png

Additonally, has anyone found any documentation on how to automate certain parts of Endpoint central via this App, i've had a look around and I haven't been able to find anything other than the setup documentation.

Thanks all in advance

1 answer

1 vote
Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2024

Hi @Christopher Lee

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

To automatically select an asset in a JIRA ticket based on other fields, you can use JIRA's automation features. Please see below some options:

1. Based on the Reporter Field: You can configure an Automation rule to populate the Assets object custom field based on the "Reporter" of the ticket. This involves using an AQL query in the Edit Issue action of the Automation rule​
    https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/auto-populate-the-assets-object-field-based-on-the-reporter-field-of-the-ticket-1116298907.html

2. Adding Assets Attributes Automatically: If you have an Assets attribute that identifies a user's building location, for example, you can pull this attribute data and add it directly to a request's details based on the associated user. This method does not require the user to select or even see the field in the request form. The site needs to be its own asset for this to work effectively​
    https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Automatically-add-an-Assets-attribute-to-a-Service-Desk-custom/qaq-p/2327571

3. Linking Asset Objects to Jira Issues: For scenarios like migrating Assets data or linking object-issue links that are not imported, you can use Automation rules to edit the Asset object custom field. This method might involve using a scheduled automation trigger and setting up workflow transitions to copy unique attributes from the asset type field to a text custom field
    https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/workarounds-to-automatically-link-the-asset-object-to-jira-issues-1079345661.html

Please do not forget to accept this answer in case it helps resolve your issue as it may also help other users from the community in the future.

Regards,
Eugenio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events